Researcher for the STATS SA has conducted their survey on the most visited tourists coming to South Africa. Which I must say, is applauding at the kind of positive feedback.
The StatsSA shows a frequency between May 2018-May 2019 and a successful growth keeps ranging the top seats. This is absolutely good news for the South Africans as the stats show significant growth by 1.5% from last year.
media may have speculated on recent negative reports, South Africa still does
demonstrate in attracting a lot of tourists and aims to continue in growing its
The stats for International
tourist visiting South Africa are as follows:
International tourists constituted of 75.5% of all tourists from overseas
States of America
(USA): 35 699 (21.5%)
Kingdom (UK): 21 834
- India: 13 238 (8.0%)
- Germany: 11 827 (7.1%)
- France: 11 142 (6.7%)
- Australia: 8 825 (5.3%)
- China: 7 259 (4.4%)
Netherlands: 5 782
- Brazil: 5 149 (3.1%)
- Canada: 4 771 (2.9%)
The stats for
African tourists visiting South Africa include:
The 10 African
tourists constituted of 97.9% of all tourists from the African continent.
- Zimbabwe: 168 046 (29.3%)
- Lesotho: 121 426 (21.2%)
- Mozambique: 106 341 (18.5%)
- Swaziland: 75 161 (13.1%)
- Botswana: 51 668 (6.8%)
- Namibia: 14 682 (2.6%)
- Malawi: 12 853 (2.2%)
- Zambia: 11 527 (2.0%)
- Angola: 5 090 (0.9%)
- Nigeria: 3 597 (0.7%)
These stats show
the magnificent growth in the SA tourism and with these stats it can clearly
also indicate on who are the most visited tourists.
- 56.2% of tourists were male and 43.8% of them were female.
- It’s the millennial and the mid-lifers who are propping up tourism in South Africa. The majority of tourists were aged between 35 and 44 years (29.4%), followed closely by the age group 25 to 34 years (27.9%)
- Of all the foreign visitors, 97% of them came purely for a holiday. 2.4% travelled on business, with 0.5% of them coming here to study. Around one in a thousand travellers come to South Africa for medical treatments.
- We are a big fan of this: Just two people managed to make the journey from St Helena to South Africa- in an entire year.
So, in all certainty, we are safe to say that, we are doing the mere least correct stuff if we are not losing that much of tourists wanting to visit the beautiful motherland.
The post South African tourism stats. appeared first on Nomad Africa Magazine | Celebrating the world’s richest continent.
Source: Nomad Africa Magazine