Halal Week will take place at the Cape Town International Convention
Centre from October 7-9, highlighting Cape Town and the Western Cape as
preferred Halal trading partners and travel destinations.
Africa Halal Week is a joint collaboration between WESGRO, Department
of Economic Development and Tourism (DEDAT) and the City of Cape Town.
It aims to highlight business opportunities presented by the halal
market on the continent, with particular attention to the halal industry
in the Western Cape.
to the MasterCard, Halal Trip Muslim Millennial Travel Report, the
total expenditure from Muslim millennial travellers alone will surpass
US$100 billion by 2025, while the overall Muslim travel segment is
estimated to reach US$300 billion by 2026.
project will foster business links and conversations and highlight
opportunities spanning sectors including tourism, Islamic banking,
modest fashion, film and media promotion, cuisine, investment and trade
opportunities in South Africa, Africa and the rest of the Muslim world.
Exhibitors at Africa Halal Week:
- Western Cape produced halal certified food and beverages
- Fashion designers from the Western Cape
- Western Cape-based Sharia banking and investment institutions
- Western Cape-produced halal-certified beauty products
- Western Cape-based halal-friendly tour operators/accommodation establishments
- Local and international tour operators/travel agents
- Local and international wholesalers/retailers of halal food and beverage products
- Local and international modest clothing retailers
Provincial Minister of Finance and Economic Opportunities, David Maynier told Bizcommunity
that: “The recent visa waivers by the Department of Home Affairs for
travellers visiting from Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab
Emirates, will support trade with these countries. We look forward to
furthering reviews of other countries that might also enjoy the
relaxation of visa requirements to support the ease of doing business
with the province.
“An estimated R200m (€11.79m) in trade declarations was secured as a
direct result of Africa Halal Week 2018, so I’d like to encourage
interested exhibitors and buyers to register for this year’s
conference,” added Minister Maynier.
The post Visit Cape Town for Africa Halaal Week appeared first on Nomad Africa Magazine | Celebrating the world’s richest continent.
Source: Nomad Africa Magazine